1992 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Nissan Sentra
- Can you drive the car with a hole in the timing chain cover?
- Engine overheated causing engine to shut down. Does the computer need resetting?
- Why does the car vibrate only when idling and decelerating?
- front wheel moves backward and touches the mudguard..
- I change distburator cap wires and rotor because it stalled on me and would on
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Nissan Sentra Problems
Excessive timing chain noise, a rattling or ticking, on higher mileage cars may lead to timing chain failure, which can cause engine damage. There are upgraded chain tension guides with a steel backing to improve durability and a modified repair procedure no longer requires the removal of the cylinder head to replace the timing chain. Maintaining proper engine oil level and frequent oil changes are important to ensure the long-term durability of this engine.
A growling noise may be noted from the manual transmission. This is commonly caused by a failing front bearing. Disassembly of the transmission will be required to replace the failed bearing.
1992 Nissan Sentra Questions
Was told the engine and transmission are good and car runs great, just a hole in the cover. When we set up a time to pick it up, we were asked if we were bringing a trailer to haul it. Not sure if this is a smart purchase now.
Could there be internal damage?
Plain and simple. It vibrates when idling and when letting off the gas at any speed above 10mph. Doesn't vibrate at all when accelerating except for the steering wheel shakes a bit, which gets worse the more you increase the throttle. However, upon releasing the throttle, the steering wheel ...
1992 Nissan Sentra Reviews
THIS AGREAT CAR I'M ONLY THE SECOND OWNER AND MOST OF THE WORK ON THIS CAR I DID MYSELF I'M TRULY SATISFIED WITH THIS CAR
review on the suspension
232,553 miles YAY!!