1992 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Nissan Sentra
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Nissan Sentra Problems
Excessive timing chain noise, a rattling or ticking, on higher mileage cars may lead to timing chain failure, which can cause engine damage. There are upgraded chain tension guides with a steel backing to improve durability and a modified repair procedure no longer requires the removal of the cylinder head to replace the timing chain. Maintaining proper engine oil level and frequent oil changes are important to ensure the long-term durability of this engine.
A growling noise may be noted from the manual transmission. This is commonly caused by a failing front bearing. Disassembly of the transmission will be required to replace the failed bearing.
1992 Nissan Sentra Questions
Was told the engine and transmission are good and car runs great, just a hole in the cover. When we set up a time to pick it up, we were asked if we were bringing a trailer to haul it. Not sure if this is a smart purchase now.
Could there be internal damage?
Plain and simple. It vibrates when idling and when letting off the gas at any speed above 10mph. Doesn't vibrate at all when accelerating except for the steering wheel shakes a bit, which gets worse the more you increase the throttle. However, upon releasing the throttle, the steering wheel...