1990 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Nissan Sentra
- my 89 sentra has a problem with the ign wiring it wont shut the car off
- I have a 89 Nissan Sentra, there is a rubbing noise coming from the front end.
- Our 90 nissan sentra keeps losing power, stalls at stops, and wont stay started.
- my1990 nissan sentra is not starting i was driving home and went over bump and
- the manual for fuel presser 34 I have 47,would this cause it to bog when acce.
1990 Nissan Sentra Problems
Excessive timing chain noise, a rattling or ticking, on higher mileage cars may lead to timing chain failure, which can cause engine damage. There are upgraded chain tension guides with a steel backing to improve durability and a modified repair procedure no longer requires the removal of the cylinder head to replace the timing chain. Maintaining proper engine oil level and frequent oil changes are important to ensure the long-term durability of this engine.
A growling noise may be noted from the manual transmission. This is commonly caused by a failing front bearing. Disassembly of the transmission will be required to replace the failed bearing.
It is not uncommon for rust to develop in the area of the fuel filler door.
1990 Nissan Sentra Questions
the only way to shut the vehicle off is to turn off the ign then unhook the battery same goes in starting ign works to start it just not to shut down
This doesn't happen when I turn. Only when I am driving straight. and it starts at about 30 miles per, then gets louder the faster I go.
My fiance would be driving up a hill to work, or go from a stop and when he gets to a steady pace, the car will sound like hes pressing and releasing the gas over and over, then it'll stop. He will start the car to go somewhere, and the car just stalls and keeps turning off, he has been tryin...