2004 Nissan Quest Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Nissan Quest
- Turn key in her and it squeaky and sounds like serpentbelt slips or is not tightly in place or pulley, s are not lined in please tell me what you think it is and noise stay, s going what cost to fix as well thanks
- Do I replace the serpentbelt or relind my pulleys you turn her over and it sounds as belt slips or pulley, s are not seated in line , d in right
- Key in turn over and it squeaky and then it sounds like serpentbelt or her pulleys are not in propelled in line not sure which road is right and what it will cost to fix it I cheerfully a better head up solid man's knowledgeable info would be a treasu
- 04 Nissan Quest Electrical issues
- the dashbard light keep going out while driving
2004 Nissan Quest Problems
A thumping heard and felt in the floor is often caused by failing engine mounts. A failing mount allows too much movement of the engine, and will require replacement.
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
A creaking or clicking heard while the vehicle is accelerating can be caused by dirt and corrosion build up between the splines of the front hubs and CV axle shafts. Removing, cleaning, and applying a light coat of grease on the axle shaft splines will commonly correct this concern.
2004 Nissan Quest Questions
It s just a new to me van so need a extra mind speaking head as to help me get her fixed thanks
I start my van wait five minutes turn my heater on it blows cold air , sometimes it can take 15 minutes or more unless I am driving on the highway at 50 mph or more.
First it was shifting really hard then engine light came on then it was smoking and wouldn't go pass 20mph then it died!
2004 Nissan Quest Recalls
The second row seat adjustment mechanism may pinch the operator's finger while adjusting the seat. This condition is a result of exposed adjuster components on the rear inside edge of the seat. Dealers will perform repairs required to correct this issue. The exact repairs are dependent on the production date of the vehicle. This recall began on December 19, 2005. The Nissan recall number is R0504.
When the third row seat is raised, it engages striker brackets, one on each side of the seat. The striker may become detached from its mounting bracket due to a broken weld. A failed striker can increase the risk of injury to third row seat passengers in the event of certain types of crashes. Dealers will replace the third row seat striker brackets to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on December 19, 2005.
At colder temperatures (40° F and below), the power sliding door may not latch correctly. The actuator may bind as a result of being out of specification. If the sliding door is not latched correctly, it may open upon rapid acceleration, and an occupant could fall out of the open door and be injured. Dealers will replace the actuator for one or both power sliding doors as required. This recall is expected to begin on June 23, 2004. The Nissan recall number is RU401.