1998 Nissan Quest Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Nissan Quest
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Nissan Quest Problems
A thumping heard and felt in the floor is often caused by failing engine mounts. A failing mount allows too much movement of the engine, and will require replacement.
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
1998 Nissan Quest Questions
I replace the fuel pump relay, started fine twice then all of a sudden nothing. Wont attempt to turn over. No dash lights. Completely dead. Battery has been checked and is at 100%. I'm hoping its just the circuit breaker needing to be reset.
To Replace The Lights
trying to figure out where # 6 cylinder is at, front of engine or firewall side
1998 Nissan Quest Recalls
1998 Nissan Quest Reviews
Over 180,000 mi. and still counting. Nobody else has had brake problems? I've talked to others who have complained front brakes wear out too fast. That's why we bought lifetime brake care from local chain repair shop. Also, strange thumping noise hitting brakes going down steep hills and no we don't have anti-lock. Cerritos dealership lied about timing chain rather than timing belt.