1997 Nissan Quest Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Nissan Quest
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1997 Nissan Quest Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
The exhaust manifold often warps and cracks, breaking off the studs between the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold. The noise may be most noticeable when the engine is cold.
1997 Nissan Quest Questions
the vehicle does not stay cranked. It dies when put into gear. If after several cranks I do manage to back up and and then move forward it will start jerking and stall. My mechanic thinks it is probably transmission, but wondering if it has something to do with a brake mechanism in the transmi...
can anyone give me a link to where i can learn how to repair a outer tie rod
failed for knock sensor. repaired and cleared codes.
1997 Nissan Quest Recalls
1997 Nissan Quest Reviews
Got it used 3 years ago with 103k on it, now it has 133k. We LOVE it. Reliable and comfortable on long trips. Only issue I had was rear AC fan motor went out last year, but it was a cheap fix. Good gas mileage for a V6, 20-21 mpg for me 90% city short trips with AC on.
I bought mine six years ago and it had 117k on it and now 178k with just routine repairs as in any vehicle. It has been babied and still runs well. Good purchase on a used car and has lasted longer than expected! Long trips in this have spoiled me, the ride is very comfortable. I cannot say anything awful about this van from this year.
Smoke from back of engine went under the hood couldn't find no leaks ..any suggestions