1996 Nissan Quest Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Nissan Quest
- sometimes when i stop on red light, engine stalls when I start no problem.
- my Nissan quest van wont go into gear/ or wont go when it is in gear. any advice
- What should I do when an O2 Sensor code appears after it has been fixed?
- having what seems to be tranny noise when accelerating
- why my nissan quest stalls while it is parked and set on drive,suddenly the
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Nissan Quest Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
The exhaust manifold often warps and cracks, breaking off the studs between the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold. The noise may be most noticeable when the engine is cold.
1996 Nissan Quest Questions
Runs good non problem on starting even in the morning one click start.
Van wont go into gear. Earlier today it went into gear but would not go anywhere. Not in drive or reverse. Does anybody know what might be wrong or where to start?
Replaced O2 sensor in #1 bank, along with fuel injector, spark plug and wire.
1996 Nissan Quest Recalls
1996 Nissan Quest Reviews
We bought our Quest GXE used in '02 on Ebay. Friends and family made fun of us. Turns out to have been one of the best vehicle decisions we've ever made. It has just developed a leak in the rear main seal, which is how I stumbled on this site; but overall, this van has toted our family trouble free to a lot of great memories over the years.
WE GET 24-27 MPG
Purchased car new late 1995. 150k+ mile without an major repairs.