2003 Nissan Maxima Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Nissan Maxima
- DOOR WONT OPEN FROM OUTSIDE THE DRIVER DOOR WHY IS NOT OPENING IT WONT UNLOCK
- MY DRIVER SIDE DOOR WILL NOT UNLOCK WITH KEY
- my maxima started rolling down the windows and unlocking by itself?
- What would cause the right rear wheel hub assy on a 2003 Maxima to go bad 3x?
- I have check engine, abs , handbreak, VDC & slip light on dash
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2003 Nissan Maxima Problems
The external seal on the engine oil cooler can fail and create an oil leak.
The ground inside mass air flow (MAF) sensor can corrode and possibly cause drivability problems. The corrosion is enough to affect the sensor data but not enough to create a trouble code. Diagnosing this can be difficult because it won't always illuminate the Check Engine Light.
2003 Nissan Maxima Questions
ill leave it locked and ill come back and find it with the windows down and unlocked
I had a local mechanic change the first one, and that went bad after 3 months. So he then replaced the next two and used a better quality part and now that one is going bad after 3 months and he didnt charge me so he wasn't making money off of me. Would a bent wheel or spindle cause this issu...
Cars not going any faster than 2k and has a squeal like fan belt noise what do you think it is
2003 Nissan Maxima Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Airbags use a chemical reaction contained in an inflator module to create the pressure necessary to inflate the bags when deployment is required. These vehicles are being recalled because the front passenger airbag inflator may produce excessive internal pressure when deployed. As a result, the inflator module could rupture, causing metal fragments to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will inspect and replace any defective passenger front airbag inflator modules found.
The circuit board for the crank position sensor and cam position sensor may have improper solder joints. This could cause the Service Engine Soon lamp to come on, the engine may not start, you could experience reduced power, or the engine may stall without warning, which could result in a crash. Dealers will replace the the crank position sensor, cam position sensors, and in some cases, the variable timing control sensors. The recall began on December 22, 2003. The Nissan recall number is R2022 and the Infiniti recall number is R3021.
2003 Nissan Maxima Reviews
This car was purchased in october, '12 with 178k miles on it. I had never owned a nissan(car or truck) in all my 32 years of driving but, I'd heard so much about this maxima's V6 engine(voted best engine 8 years in a row)that I thought I make the change from Toyota---most reliable cars and trucks I've owned to date. It being used with so many miles on it, i figured a few maintenance issues mi...
Old Maxine has been very reliable but the milage is getting up there, so major services are due.Just replaced the OEM radiator .All motor mounts are worn out at the point so thats going to cost.Engine still runs strong and everything works.