2000 Nissan Maxima Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Nissan Maxima
- Lost master key and remote. Car won't start after 6 mos. using the alternate key
- Alternator was replaced, has a brand new battery and the car will not start.
- How much does it cost to usually fix that problem?
- ok I have a 2000 nissan maxima that has recently started shaking.
- I used RaceTrac Prem unleaded Gas and the Service Engine Soon light came on
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Nissan Maxima Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate indicating a primary ignition signal fault. Many times the cause is an ignition coil(s) that has failed. The problem in the coil causes the spark energy to feedback through the wiring harness into the other coils. If this is not repaired, it can damage the other coils (blistering on the coils may be seen).
Oxygen sensor failures are common due to fluid leaks from the power steering pump. The power steering pump typically leaks directly onto the sensor and causes the wiring to fail. If the leaks are not repaired when the oxygen sensor is replaced, the sensor will fail again.
The ground inside mass air flow (MAF) sensor can corrode and possibly cause drivability problems. The corrosion is enough to affect the sensor data but not enough to create a trouble code. Diagnosing this can be difficult because it won't always illuminate the Check Engine Light.
2000 Nissan Maxima Questions
I was the price of $600 with my oxygen sensors
I had a machanic check it out an he told me to take it to advance an get the check engine light looked at. It came up with 2 codes. First code was for a random misfire, second one was for a bad oz Sensor. Is there anyway to find out which one is causing the problem. Right now i only have the mone...
When Oct 6
2000 Nissan Maxima Reviews
Have had issues with the brakes. Had to replace several times.
I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima with 110,000 miles on it. Got it 2 years ago and have bought a new starter, 02 sensor, cleaned the throllte body and since then it has been running like a champ! This car is perfect! It has alot of room, nice interior with the best stock system I've seen on many cars and have got many compliments for it. Also it has a sporty look and feel and takes corners like a co...
My 2000 Max has 141K on it. It has has a tranny rebuilt, new fuel injectors, and overall its a solid car but i'm having speed sensor issues and low gear takes too long to shift lately I think I need a speed sensor can anyone send me advice Chiroworks88@aol.com