1998 Nissan Maxima Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Nissan Maxima
- Can I install new program updates to the ECU or is it strictly for the pros?
- I was thinking about buying a 1998nissen maxima but the check engine light is on
- My car is not starting even when using jumper cables no lights and no horn?help
- Please how do i reset my car timing chain?
- My brake warning light has come on but the brakes feel fine. What can I do?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Nissan Maxima Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate indicating a primary ignition signal fault. Many times the cause is an ignition coil(s) that has failed. The problem in the coil causes the spark energy to feedback through the wiring harness into the other coils. If this is not repaired, it can damage the other coils (blistering on the coils may be seen).
If the power steering pump develops leaks, it can drip onto the lower control arm bushing causing the bushing to deteriorate. A knocking noise will be heard when driving over bumps and it may become more difficult to control the vehicle.
Oxygen sensor failures are common due to fluid leaks from the power steering pump. The power steering pump typically leaks directly onto the sensor and causes the wiring to fail. If the leaks are not repaired when the oxygen sensor is replaced, the sensor will fail again.
1998 Nissan Maxima Questions
and the owner said he put a engine in about a yr ago with 150,000 miles on it what she i do the car orginal miles says 297,680
1998 Nissan Maxima Recalls
1998 Nissan Maxima Reviews
What a vehicle. I bought this with 55K miles on it in 2001. It now has 345K miles. The engine runs great, burns no oil, and gets 25mpg consistently. I've changed a couple starters and both the rear hubs @ 200K. The exhaust system is totally original and the body has no rust. Being from Minnesota that's a miracle. I had some service done on the vehicle (ignition coil) and the electrical systems ...
I've had my car for 12 years and love it! So comfortable and reliable. Don't like the looks of the newer Maximas though.
Let me tell you when we leased our 1998 Nissan Maxima in July of 1998 we did not think we would be giving it to our 5 year old son at the time when he got his license.! My husband drove that car 5 to 6 days a week to/from work 60 miles each way from July 1998 to February 2010 it has 365,000 miles on it, ORIGINAL exhaust on it, original body, minor rust spots. Sadly we are in a time as to wheth...