1996 Nissan Maxima Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Nissan Maxima
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Nissan Maxima Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate indicating a primary ignition signal fault. Many times the cause is an ignition coil(s) that has failed. The problem in the coil causes the spark energy to feedback through the wiring harness into the other coils. If this is not repaired, it can damage the other coils (blistering on the coils may be seen).
Oxygen sensor failures are common due to fluid leaks from the power steering pump. The power steering pump typically leaks directly onto the sensor and causes the wiring to fail. If the leaks are not repaired when the oxygen sensor is replaced, the sensor will fail again.
The fuel injectors can develop leaks on some models, causing the engine to run poorly or to become less fuel efficient.
1996 Nissan Maxima Questions
Replaced my starter.and now my radio and clock do not work, please advise.
All fuses are good
smoke billowing from back firewall underneath. causes?
1996 Nissan Maxima Reviews
I purchased this car used with 50k miles in 1999 thinking it would be a great car that would last me 5yrs. 11 years later the car has 300,000 miles and is still fun to drive. Looking to retire this car now, and will probably get the 2009 maxima.
I have had my 1996 nissan infinti for 2yrs it was a rebuilt car i have been having problems with the sensor going out and it's surging when driven I have spent over $300.00 just to replace parts that haven't even fixed it.Now it's dying still and the check engine light keeps on coming on no one can seem to figure out why it's dying when stalled can anyone tell me why it's doing that?
lovelovelove this car! i will never ever sell this car ever!:)