1992 Nissan Maxima Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Nissan Maxima
- When I put it in gear shifts into drive pretty hard and has trouble shifting out of first and down shifting wont shift out of first unless I let off the gas then it will shift into like 3rd gear and if you give it to much gas it will doredshift to 1st
- How to repair loose starter wires
- Car shakes after I added more oil?!
- why car has problems starting and will only move in reverse
- rad fans not coming on but work
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Nissan Maxima Problems
The fuel injectors can develop leaks on some models, causing the engine to run poorly or to become less fuel efficient.
One or more wires in the engine wiring harness may break at the harness bend near the right strut tower. Symptoms include: Check Engine Light illumination, rough idle, drivability problems, and/or an inoperative air conditioner. Any broken wires will need to be repaired.
Failure of the vehicle's speed sensor can cause speedometer and the cruise control to become inoperative. A failed speed sensor will require replacement.
1992 Nissan Maxima Questions
It has new trans fluid and has been sitting for about a year and a half
I have a '92 Nissan Maxima. It drove perfectly. No problems. This man checked my oil stick & told me that I had no oil in my car. He poured in 3 quarts of oil. Now when I start my car, it shakes & putts. When I accelerate it shakes & slowly struggles to move. When I'm doing a ...
car overheats at standstill
1992 Nissan Maxima Recalls
Nissan has recalled 1990-1994 Maxima and 1990-1992 Stanza models because a mixture of mud and salt may get trapped between the fuel filler tube and wheel housing, which can cause corrosion. This can lead to fuel leakage and a possible fire. Also, the left rear seat belt retractor is mounted to the wheel housing, and in the event of significant corrosion, the mounting could fail in a vehicle crash. Dealers will inspect these vehicles and corrective action will be taken depending upon the extent of the corrosion.
Nissan has recalled 1992-1993 Maxima models because in certain underbody impacts, the air bag sensor may activate and send a signal to the air bag, located in the center of the steering wheel, causing the driver's side air bag to inflate when it is not needed. This may result in minor injuries to the driver. A tunnel sensor of different design will be installed on affected vehicles.
1992 Nissan Maxima Reviews
just bought this car and everybody is having the same problem with their car when acclerating it stumbles and gets worse were you cant even drive it no solution yet very disappointing
MY 3RD MAXIMA AFTER 87' DEN 94' AND NOW 92' I HAVE 268,000 MILES, BUT GUESS WHAT, IT RUNS SO SMOOTH, IT 'S NOT HOW THE CAR RUNS, IT'S ALSO HOW YOU DRIVE THE CAR AS NO TTO ABUSE IT WITHOUT ANY REASON, RUNS SMOOTH, DRIVE GENTLY, WHATS NOT GOOD ABOUT IT...iT'S MAXIMA TO THE maX !!!!!!!
1992 Nissan Maxima, put 10% ethinol not realizing it in the car five years ago and it has never run right since. The manual says not to run any percentage period. There's only one station left in town that doesn't have it in their gas, now what? The most recent problem is loosing fuel pressure when not running and sometimes even short sits. I cannot find the fuel pump relay and my shop manual d...