2008 Nissan Frontier Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Nissan Frontier
- what fuse controls the radiator fan and the beeper the horn doesn't beep
- Does an airbag warning light truly indicate an airbag problem?
- my Nissan frontier wont start could only hear the fan from the outside..........
- my truck won't start when I try turning it on I could only hear the fan
- how do I adjust the drivers side front door? It drops down a little when closing
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 Nissan Frontier Problems
The fuel level sensor can fail causing erratic or inaccurate fuel gauge readings. The Check Engine Light may also illuminate. Nissan has recalled 2006 - 2008 vehicles only for this fuel gauge issue. For more information on the recall, please click here»
A whining or buzzing type noise may develop from the timing chain area caused by excess slack in the secondary timing chains. Nissan has issued a service bulletin (NTB09-128) regarding this issue. Replacement of both secondary timing chains and their tensioner shoes will be necessary to repair this concern. As part of this repair, the engine oil and filter should also be replaced.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a defective charcoal canister vent control valve. The charcoal canister is a component in the Evaporative emissions (EVAP) system. Our technicians tell us a failed vent valve will require replacement.
2008 Nissan Frontier Questions
when you lock the doors the horn doesn't beep like it should and I notice the same fuse must control the radiator fan to the engine fan works but the fan that cools the radiator doesn't
I get all kinds of bogus warning lights, particularly tire pressure (even though they are all at recommended psi) as well as an erratic check engine light. The airbag light sort of randomly came on, along with the "passenger airbag off" light, when driving & my daughter was bouncin...
my frontier wont turn on and its not the battery... because the lights turn on, the radio turns on.. it just wont start
2008 Nissan Frontier Recalls
Nissan is recalling 2008–2010 models equipped with Garmin Nuvi 750 navigation systems because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Nissan will notify owners and Garmin technicians will replace the unit's battery and insert a spacer to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
The molded fuel tank can warp, creating interference with the fuel sender float arm and fuel tank. This would cause the fuel gauge never to read below a quarter tank of fuel even if it's empty. If the vehicle runs out of gas in traffic, you might become stranded or get into an accident. Dealers will replace the fuel level sending unit with one that has a modified float arm. The recall began March 22, 2010.