2007 Nissan Frontier Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Nissan Frontier
- Electrical system is shorted measured from battery terminals 1.2 ohms. Tracing?
- Do new Nissan replacement bedsides come with true e-coating on the inside?
- why does my truck stalls after going about and the SLIP indicator comes on.
- 2007 nissan frontier 4.0 v6 will turn over but not crank. The fuel pump comes on
- Battery jump with 2 sets of cables
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2007 Nissan Frontier Problems
The fuel level sensor can fail causing erratic or inaccurate fuel gauge readings. The Check Engine Light may also illuminate. Nissan has recalled 2006 - 2008 vehicles only for this fuel gauge issue. For more information on the recall, please click here»
A whining or buzzing type noise may develop from the timing chain area caused by excess slack in the secondary timing chains. Nissan has issued a service bulletin (NTB09-128) regarding this issue. Replacement of both secondary timing chains and their tensioner shoes will be necessary to repair this concern. As part of this repair, the engine oil and filter should also be replaced.
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
2007 Nissan Frontier Questions
I removed the battery when it read 6V with the multimeter when connected to the system. It was fine after removing (needed a charge), but I also tested the unconnected battery terminals which read 1.2 ohms meaning there is a short somewhere. How do I find where the short is? I have never worke...
cranks over but will not start. last few times i drove it, it took a little longer to start than usual.
Our son, who is a capable mechanic, was trying to jump our battery using his cables and there was never a spark...then went and got new battery and new cables--still never a spark. He thought it was odd and I was wondering why we never saw a spark no matter what he tried?
2007 Nissan Frontier Recalls
The molded fuel tank can warp, creating interference with the fuel sender float arm and fuel tank. This would cause the fuel gauge never to read below a quarter tank of fuel even if it's empty. If the vehicle runs out of gas in traffic, you might become stranded or get into an accident. Dealers will replace the fuel level sending unit with one that has a modified float arm. The recall began March 22, 2010.
The air bag crash sensors located in the front zone may have corrosion buildup due to a high level of road salt exposure. If this happens, the sensor may become inoperative, and the air bag light will come on. If this happens, the air bags will not deploy in a collision. This recall began on January 26, 2009.
2007 Nissan Frontier Reviews
First Nissan . . . Frontier 2007 Crew Cab 4WD purchased new. With under 25,000 miles driving in city and have a stack of service tickets that would amaze people. Issue 1) Have had problems on and off with the key turning and the engine whirling, but doesn't start. Five times in the shop and going back again for the same problem. Issue 2) HVAC blower fan has been replaced twice. After...
35,000 miles, absolutely no problems on any kind! I've owned several Altimas and currently have a 2001 Maxima with 95,000 miles. No problems with any Nissan ever owned!
2007 Frontier Crew Cab LE long bed Purchased new always maintained 66000 miles. Have had transmission cooler bypass put in to prevent leaking of coolant into transmission. (Should be a recall so many people have had to pay 5-7K for new transmissions, I had it done for $300) New brake pads at 35,000 , pads and rotors at 55,000. Just had 60,000 mile drivetrains service done. Now having issue with...