2001 Nissan Frontier Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Nissan Frontier
- what makes the radiator hose get a hole blown in it and the engine leak water
- My 01 Nissan frontier S/C has the rpm gauge jumping
- I'm told my truck has a leak underneath it's expensive, should I just sale it?
- while driving the brake and battery lite came o and temp gauge hot
- brake lights go out at times. what problems could it be?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2001 Nissan Frontier Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The EGR valve can become clogged with carbon, which causes the Check Engine Light to illuminate. This can result in moderate to severe misfires on acceleration and the EGR valve and passages will need to be cleaned.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a defective charcoal canister vent control valve. The charcoal canister is a component in the Evaporative emissions (EVAP) system. Our technicians tell us a failed vent valve will require replacement.
2001 Nissan Frontier Questions
Heard squealing noise looked at motor belts OK but fan not moving had towed home
started up drove severa'll hundred yards stalled out and now turns over but wont start
2001 Nissan Frontier Recalls
2001 Nissan Frontier Reviews
This truck looks good, drives good and is cheap to maintain . Only problem with these trucks is they have a weak engine from what you would expect out of a v 6 and it has a poor brake design, as in in stop it like you were driving a semi truck s
bought used at a dealer with 52000 on the clock had for like 6 yrs now has 129000 on it brakes oil changes transmission fluid changes and just did timing belt hoses water pump plugs distributor rotor great truck love it trans acting a little weird lately gonna have the sensors checked and throw on a scannner
I have owned this vehicle for about 9 years. XE Crew cab and have had a great experience with it. The past 6 years it was tires and brakes along with regular oil changes and it rolled like thunder. I have 130k on it an hell broke loose. I have replaced a few seal and sensors but the killer was the gas tank. I had a leak in my tank that produced a small gas leak when the tank was filled, good th...