1999 Nissan Frontier Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Nissan Frontier
- I have a 1999 nissan frontier that is not getting fuel
- The temp. guage registers hot sometimes but the engine is not hot.
- I have a 1999 Nissan Frontier 4X2 XE. Does it have a timing belt or chain?
- 99 Nissan frontier begins to run rough and stops after 10 miles give or take.
- my Battery drains down in few hours new battery and had alternator checked ok?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Nissan Frontier Problems
The EGR valve can become clogged with carbon, which causes the Check Engine Light to illuminate. This can result in moderate to severe misfires on acceleration and the EGR valve and passages will need to be cleaned.
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The coolant outlet on the front of the lower intake manifold may develop a coolant leak.
1999 Nissan Frontier Questions
I got a Nissan Frontier 4X2 XE with a 4cyl engine. Could this be a senser? or just a messed up gauge. The thermostat has been replaced.
If it is a chain, do I need to change it if there is no problem with it?
the 99 Nissan frontier will start and run fine for up to approx. 10 miles. it then begins to run rough and then chokes down. we pulled over and restarted the engine, added some gasoline into the intake through the breather piping, this had no effect on the rough running engine. the exhaust output...
1999 Nissan Frontier Recalls
1999 Nissan Frontier Reviews
Had to disconnect the air bag to clean out the header cage, now after reconnecting the air bag dash light is flashing. How do I stop this ? URGENT
I just tried this on my 2000 Frontier with airbad light flashing and it worked: Get in the car, close the doors, put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position (do not turn it completely on) then open the door and reach down to press the dome light button 7 times. Shut the door and start the car. That will reset the airbag light.
My truck has 218,000 miles. I haven't had any major problems with it. Driving in the mountains of Western North Carolina it slows down a bit, but it will still accelerate on a 2-3% grade in fifth gear, but I will down shift to reduce strain on engine. Excellent truck, I am the second or third owner.