2001 Nissan Altima Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Nissan Altima
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Nissan Altima Problems
The engine mount on the right side can wear prematurely and cause excessive engine movement.
The front struts can wear prematurely and create a knocking noise when driving over bumps.
2001 Nissan Altima Questions
Unable to see drain hose under dashboard. happens after washing car most often.
Recently my 2001 Altima started showing picture of battery and the word brake (as if emergency brake is on)on the dashboard at random times. Battery is one month old, bought new. When battery was unhooked, car continued to run. Once, car would not start after driving while the dash flashed w/imag...
I have a 2001 Nissan Altima that's not charging, I just put new battery but the problem is still the same. Could you tell me what could be the problem and how much will in cost to fix it (parts and Labor)?
2001 Nissan Altima Recalls
Nissan is recalling vehicles equipped with Firestone Firehawk GTA-02, size P205/55r16 89H tires. With increasing mileage, the tires may develop a crack in the shoulder area, which may lead to exposure of the belt edge. If the belt edge separates, a loss of tire pressure may occur. Bridgestone/Firestone will replace the tires that were installed as original equipment on these vehicles.
2001 Nissan Altima Reviews
love my Altima - very dependable
Very reliable. A few minor things but engine and transmission have been very reliable. I am at 165K. One common problem on this car is intake manifold gasket. When it fails, car idle rough at stop sings. Part is cheap but labor is high like $400 or more but this was the only expensive repair so I think I can live with it. Very low cost to maintain. Also fairly easy to work on for DIY people...
Generally an ok car. Problems I've had are that 3 out of 4 power windows failed. Needed to have the air intake manifold gasket replaced at 65K ($700.00)