1993 Nissan Altima Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Nissan Altima
- cost to install a new exhaust manifold gasket
- My cars muffler has been very loose for about a month. Now it chugs and has no pick up. Is it the muffler that caused that? Thank you very much for any help.
- When Starting my car the idle doesn't stay above one without pressing the gas an
- I know how to get it out of the spindle, what I need to know does it split apart
- how to remove right side cv axle from 1993 nisson Altima?
1993 Nissan Altima Problems
Failure of the ignition power transistor can cause a "crank-no start" condition.
Crankshaft and camshaft position sensors can leak oil into the connector causing Check Engine Light illumination. The engine may also stall as a result. Leaking sensors should be replaced. Certain 2002 models were recalled for a separate camshaft and crankshaft sensor issue. For more information on the recall please click here»
1993 Nissan Altima Questions
1993 Nissan Altima Recalls
Nissan is recalling 1993-1994 Altimas because engine movement can be transmitted to the airflow meter/filter housing and support bracket, which can cause the throttle cable housing to pull out of the cable guide. This may prevent the throttle from returning to the idle position when the gas pedal is released, resulting in loss of throttle control that can cause an accident. Nissan will examine and repair/replace the throttle cable housing, insert a rubber stopper to maintain position for the cable, and replace the throttle assembly, if necessary.
1993 Nissan Altima Reviews
Bought my 93 Altima 8/2001 had 89,000 miles at the time. Now 10 years later 303,000 miles and running strong. Dig this 5 speed with original clutch. Great car