1993 Nissan 300ZX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Nissan 300ZX
- Why does it take so long to start & won't stay started unless it's accelerated?
- Looking for what the general cost is for replacement of the rear bushings.
- what would cause the injectors to not fire
- Shifts fine till u get to 3rd and 4 the then fine again in 5 th and reverse,rece
- Recently replaced a fuel injector, BIG job. Car runs excellent.
1993 Nissan 300ZX Problems
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
The exhaust manifold often warps, breaking off the studs between the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold. The noise may be most noticeable when the engine is cold.
If the car is emitting blue smoke from the tail pipe, from burned oil, be sure both PCV valves are functioning properly prior to replacing the turbocharger.
1993 Nissan 300ZX Questions
Car starts after 3 or more extended cranks, runs ruff at low speeds levels off in high speeds, will not idle & shuts off once the RPM winds down to 1500 unless I manipulate the accelerator .
Recently changed shifter
Yesterday, pulling into parking space, depressing brake, car surged, unintentional acceleration, hit brick wall damaged fender and bumper. Any thoughts on why the surge and unintentional acceleration?