1991 Nissan 300ZX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Nissan 300ZX
- my car does not wanna start we pulled the engine out to replace the turbos
- headlight stuck on high beam when turn on switch.
- A puddle of antifreeze was on the floor. checked radiator &the level was fine.
- where is the dropping resistor for transmission located
- Does the water pump make noise ie. ticking or knocking when it is going out?
1991 Nissan 300ZX Problems
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
The exhaust manifold often warps, breaking off the studs between the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold. The noise may be most noticeable when the engine is cold.
If the car is emitting blue smoke from the tail pipe, from burned oil, be sure both PCV valves are functioning properly prior to replacing the turbocharger.
1991 Nissan 300ZX Questions
reservoir level was very low. put antifreeze in and could hear a slow drip onto under tray. Question is; how much stuff do I have to take off to get to reservoir?
car is shifting hard was told replace ceramic resistor first but cannot seem to locateit
Just bought car from tow yard had blown head gasket and thermostat was stuck removed thermostat put in blue devil put in new thermostat and gaskets now no overheating at all but there is a noise at front of motor in the fan/water pump area