1990 Nissan 300ZX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Nissan 300ZX
- My z seems to be having trouble down shifting from 4th to 3rd after driving for an hour or so and also does not want to go into reverse easily,any ideas?
- Car was running fine got off freeway and it started hesitating now
- gas lines are pluged ..i think how do i unplug them
- Why my 300zx wont stay on
- Vibration center console so bad that the car can't be driven over 25 miles
1990 Nissan 300ZX Problems
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
The exhaust manifold often warps, breaking off the studs between the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold. The noise may be most noticeable when the engine is cold.
If the car is emitting blue smoke from the tail pipe, from burned oil, be sure both PCV valves are functioning properly prior to replacing the turbocharger.
1990 Nissan 300ZX Questions
I need some help after i changed out my spark plugs on my 1990 nissan 300zx would start just fine but then dies out a little after like it was running out of gas so i canged out my fuel pump and checked the fuel filter nd it still does the same thing. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Replaced center support bearing. Everything else looks good.
And has no reasponse at all Have changed coil packs and plugs and no change what could be causing this.