1997 Nissan 200SX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Nissan 200SX
- Will not go to 2,4,reverse gears,will go into 1,3,5 has 240,000 miles ant idea
- My car will not go into 2,4,,or reverse only 1,3,5. When trying to get 2,4,r get grinding sound . if jammed will go . has 240,000 miles
- Why wont clutch pedal come back up after replacing clutch cable?
- I replaced my distributor and did a complete tune up and check engine light on?
- 97 nissan 200sx wont start or turn over, even tried popping the clutch.
1997 Nissan 200SX Problems
Excessive timing chain noise, a rattling or ticking, on higher mileage cars may lead to timing chain failure, which can cause engine damage. There are upgraded chain tension guides with a steel backing to improve durability and a modified repair procedure no longer requires the removal of the cylinder head to replace the timing chain. Maintaining proper engine oil level and frequent oil changes are important to ensure the long-term durability of this engine.
1997 Nissan 200SX Questions
I replaced clutch cable on my 97 200sx ser and now the pedal stays on the floor after I press it in. Adjusted the cable to correct ratio as well. What woulld the main issue be?
wont start regardless of what I do, it has new purge valve, new iac valve, new battery, still nothing.
Don't work on 1,2,3 only on ,4 the highest
1997 Nissan 200SX Recalls
1997 Nissan 200SX Reviews
I have owned mine since new in May, 1997 and still driving her today at 576K. Did replace the engine block at 437K - probably didn't "have to be done," but at $2K including installation I couldn't resist. If you're looking for a Cadillac ride, this is not the car for you - the suspension is not designed for that. But if you want a car that will go the distance (and my girl has seen every s...
I have had this car for two years and it has ran awesome, best mpg 30+ everywhere. Just getting a engine fix at 165k. But well worth the $$..
Been very reliable, fun to drive. Could be more comfortable, but still very good for a compact car. Very good gas mileage. Smarter than your average 'smart' car.