2004 Mitsubishi Outlander Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander
- my car is turning over but not starting its Mitsubishi outlander 20042wd
- The battery dies overnight. Any ideas?
- Driving and the car dies on me what can it be
- When the weather is hot the car runs sluggish temp. Gage is fine
- What would cause steering wheel vibration and shake at speeds between 70&80 mph?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Mitsubishi Outlander Problems
The heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) temperature control knob may be hard to turn. Mitsubishi Motors has released a service bulletin out outlining the necessary repairs. Repairs involve installing a new air blend door lever and link, lubing the blend door track, and installing a filter on top of the blower motor housing to prevent entry of dirt and debris. If the temperature control assembly has been damaged it will require replacement also.
Erratic HVAC blower motor operation may be caused by a failed blower motor and/or blower motor resistor. Our technicians tell us that if the blower motor resistor fails the blower motor should be checked. If the blower motor fails its functional test in should be replaced along with the failed blower motor resistor.
An engine overheating condition may develop due to a failed radiator cooling fan controller. The failed controller should be replaced to correct this issue.
2004 Mitsubishi Outlander Questions
It's a new battery. I checked radiator fan controller and alternator. Battery will have full charge then drain down overnight.