2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
- I keep putting the pan on the trnsmission filter an it keeps leacking out what's
- What is the tork on a transmission pan filter sopose to be
- What could be pulling down my battery over night other than the obvious things?
- Is there a way to manually pop the hood when the pull latch inside isn't working
- The truck will idle it stalls out when shifted into reverse what is problem?
2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Problems
The crankshaft pulley bolt may become loose or break causing loss of power steering operation and other related engine accessories. Some of these vehicles may be involved in a recall for this issue. Our technicians tell us that an updated bolt may be available. Replacing as necessary and properly torquing the crankshaft bolt will commonly correct this issue.
A vibration, steering wheel shimmy, or vehicle pull to the left or right may be noted. These conditions are commonly caused by worn or damaged front suspension or steering components. Our technicians tell us that extra care should be taken to inspect the front end components often and replace any worn or damaged parts as soon as possible to try and avoid these potentially unsafe conditions.
A pulsation may be noted upon brake apply, most commonly caused by warped front brake rotors. Front brake pads may also wear out prematurely. Our technicians recommend replacing worn pads and rotors with quality replacement parts in order to achieve the best possible longevity for the front brake components.
2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Questions
Have a second new alternator on now and if I leave the cables on over night the battery is down. No lights, etc. on that we know of.
how much octane is recommend for a 2000 mitsubishi montero sport suv?