1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
- 97 Montero Sport drives fine for couple minutes then acts like no gas and dies
- What could it be if my vehicle just drives in reverse.and parks?
- My front axle is leaking what looks like gear oil from my 4 wheel drive.
- All at once my brake light, battery and A/T light came on. Also my battery gaug
- Is there a trick to replace harmonic balancer?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Problems
The crankshaft pulley bolt may become loose or break causing loss of power steering operation and other related engine accessories. Some of these vehicles may be involved in a recall for this issue. Our technicians tell us that an updated bolt may be available. Replacing as necessary and properly torquing the crankshaft bolt will commonly correct this issue.
A vibration, steering wheel shimmy, or vehicle pull to the left or right may be noted. These conditions are commonly caused by worn or damaged front suspension or steering components. Our technicians tell us that extra care should be taken to inspect the front end components often and replace any worn or damaged parts as soon as possible to try and avoid these potentially unsafe conditions.
A pulsation may be noted upon brake apply, most commonly caused by warped front brake rotors. Front brake pads may also wear out prematurely. Our technicians recommend replacing worn pads and rotors with quality replacement parts in order to achieve the best possible longevity for the front brake components.
1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Questions
my car runs fine until it gets warmed up then starts back firing like it needs gas then dies
went all the way the to past 16V, which on this car is over charging. The digital compass and tempeture would go off and on. When ever I can to a stop light and was just setting, not under throttle it would all go back to normal. Does anyone have a clue what would be caudsing this?
My truck blows cold air when the rpms are below 2000. The blower motor works. I tried changing the thermostat and that didnt fix it. Fluid levels are good. I dont understand what else it may be. Please help.
1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Recalls
1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Reviews
i own a 1997 montero sport im pleased with the drive is not so bad in gas for the size of the truck. the only bad thing i have blue smoke coming from the end pipe and also the truck over heats for no reason. no biggie overall i never service the truck until it REALLY REALLY needs to be fix,,,,,keep in mind my truck has 232599 miles well worth my $ 4000 i pay 4 yrs back..
1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 3.0 Liter was purchased used in 2003 with 87k miles. Now in 2012 it has 184k miles. Major problems were replacement of alternator twice. Note that the first replacement was with an Autozone alternator with a guarantee, so second replacement (for overvoltage, not undervoltage) was free. The car works well. It doesn't have a lot of power in 2 wheel drive, but ge...