1996 Mitsubishi Mirage Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1996 Mitsubishi Mirage Problems
A no start condition may be a result of an internal distributor fault. Our technicians tell us the replacement of the distributor may be necessary to correct this condition.
There have been reports of airbags not deploying in the event of a frontal impact. Some claim that a shorted airbag wire harness can cause this to occur. Unfortunately there is no diagnoses that will isolate this problem other than fault codes stored in the airbag control module. Our technicians recommend to have any airbag light issues diagnosed and repaired in order to help ensure the airbags will deploy when needed.
The manual transmission may become difficult to shift, this is commonly caused by binding between the synchronizer and the gear surface. Adding a special friction modifier to the manual transmission fluid will often correct this condition. If the problem persists revised synchronizer kits may be available.
1996 Mitsubishi Mirage Questions
All drive cycle procedures were followed multiple times. Hundreds of highway miles have been logged. Still NO monitors are ready. Vehicle has low miles, runs great, no repairs needed. While on a scanner, all sensors & output specs are within specified parameters, no faults in history or curre...
what would cause vibration in the first gear of an automatic