2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer
- Rear right caliper sticks. Caliper and lower brake hose have been replaced.
- what is the problem of my car if the oil light in flashing.
- Two questions actually... A/C blower motor and radiator fan
- hi. turbo has stopped working. had it on a obd2 computer and it says underboost
- why is ac not staying cold?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Problems
The heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) temperature control knob may be hard to turn. Mitsubishi Motors has released a service bulletin outlining the necessary repairs. Repairs involve installing a new air blend door lever and link, lubing the blend door track, and installing a filter on top of the blower motor housing to prevent entry of dirt and debris. If the temperature control assembly has been damaged it will require replacement also.
Erratic HVAC blower motor operation may be caused by a failed blower motor and/or blower motor resistor. Our technicians tell us that if the blower motor resistor fails the blower motor should be checked. If the blower motor fails its functional test in should be replaced along with the failed blower motor resistor.
It is not uncommon for the clear coat paint to develop white spots and begin peeling. In most cases Mitsubishi will not cover out of warranty repairs for this condition.
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Questions
ac staying cold for about 5 min. when hot outside
the heater not working although of the hosing are connecting and the cooling system is working too
when i replace the wheel bearing the ABS light active
please help me
the blower motor does work if I hook it up to a 12 volt source. the clutches are working
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Recalls
Where heavy salt is used on the roads, the mixture of melted snow and salt may stick to the front impact sensors. Over time, this causes corrosion of the sensor, and could cause a possible delay in the deployment of the air bags in the event of a collision. The delay in deployment could cause an injury. Dealers will install new front air bag sensors with improved corrosion resistance. The recall began on November 27, 2009.
A check valve in the power brake booster may stick and cause the brake pedal to be harder than usual, usually after the vehicle has been shut off and then restarted. This may lead to longer stopping distances, which may create a safety hazard. Dealers will replace the brake booster check valve. The Mitsubishi recall number is SR-09-002. This recall began in April, 2009.