2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Problems
The heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) temperature control knob may be hard to turn. Mitsubishi Motors has released a service bulletin outlining the necessary repairs. Repairs involve installing a new air blend door lever and link, lubing the blend door track, and installing a filter on top of the blower motor housing to prevent entry of dirt and debris. If the temperature control assembly has been damaged it will require replacement also.
A hard or no start condition with fault codes P0335 and/or P0340 stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) may be due to abnormal wear of the camshaft position sensor support. Our technicians tell us a revised sensor support is available to correct this issue.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate with a stored code P0181. Our technicians tell us the fuel level sensor may be at fault requiring replacement.
2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Questions
how much would a front wheel alignmet cost?
the gage says hot and then suddenly drops half way back down then back to hot again.. doesnt affect the way it drives or runs though. what cld that b?
Started a while ago, have changed bushes and had checked by two mechanics who have not found it. Any thoughts? Sounds like it would if you had a heavy piece of steel sitting in your spare wheel space