2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Recalls
All modern braking systems use some type power assist. These vehicles use a vacuum pump to provide power assist to the braking system and some of these vacuum pumps can fail prematurely, causing reduced braking performance. This can result in increased stopping distances and therefore increasing the risk of a crash. Mitsubishi dealers will replace the effected vacuum pumps to correct this concern.
261 vehicles are being recalled due to incompatibility between air bag sensors and the self-diagnostic software. This condition may deactivate the frontal and side airbag system. Should this occur, the SRS warning lamp would illuminate to alert the driver.
The side and curtain air bags may not deploy in a crash for which those air bags were intended to deploy, increasing the risk of personal injury to the vehicle occupants.
Dealers will replace the incompatible air bag sensors to correct this concern. The Mitsubishi recall number is SR-12-003.