1996 Mitsubishi Galant Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mitsubishi Galant
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Mitsubishi Galant Problems
The seat belts may not properly retract due to an internal fault with the retractor mechanism. Replacement of the seat belt retractor would be required to correct this concern.
There have been reports of airbags not deploying in the event of a frontal impact. Some claim that a shorted airbag wire harness can cause this to occur. Unfortunately there is no diagnoses that will isolate this problem other than fault codes stored in the airbag control module. Our technicians recommend to have any airbag light issues diagnosed and repaired in order to help ensure the airbags will deploy when needed.
The power windows may fail, often related to moisture inside the door. Affected components will need to be replaced. If possible some type of moisture protection could be added to try and prevent repeat failures.
1996 Mitsubishi Galant Questions
I recently had the alternator and battery replaced on my car. while driving the car is running soley of the battery and the battery is not being charged. I was driving to the store last night and my speedometer and odometer needles dropped to 0 the SRS light came on and it very quickly just stopp...
and what is the correct part number
Brake lights work, just no parking lights,dash, license plate illumination will not work.