1996 Mitsubishi Galant Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mitsubishi Galant
- I have a galant GDI,I changed my engine,now the car has problems after another,
- I have a 2.5L V6 which hunted at low revs but was fine at high revs. Why?
- alternator and battery replaced battery not charging while driving.
- How do I replace the factory installed fog light bulb
- The parking lights, dash lights, radio illumination will not come on.
1996 Mitsubishi Galant Problems
The power windows may fail, often related to moisture inside the door. Affected components will need to be replaced. If possible some type of moisture protection could be added to try and prevent repeat failures.
The automatic transmission may fail prematurely. Transmission overhaul or replacement may be necessary to correct this concern.
The seat belts may not properly retract due to an internal fault with the retractor mechanism. Replacement of the seat belt retractor would be required to correct this concern.
1996 Mitsubishi Galant Questions
I recently had the alternator and battery replaced on my car. while driving the car is running soley of the battery and the battery is not being charged. I was driving to the store last night and my speedometer and odometer needles dropped to 0 the SRS light came on and it very quickly just stopp...
and what is the correct part number
Brake lights work, just no parking lights,dash, license plate illumination will not work.
1996 Mitsubishi Galant Recalls
1996 Mitsubishi Galant Reviews
Owned for over 9 years - minor problems with starter and door locks - good car overall