2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse
- my car tries to die when im in gear and about to drive away.
- 2004 Eclipse has a rattling coming from the engine. Worse when i step on the gas
- put in reverse it stalled would not restart
- have terrible noise coming from the heating and air conditioning fan. new a/c
- THE LCD display for the stock stereo system is not operable. (blank only)
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Problems
The sunroof may become stuck in the closed position or require "help" moving forward and backward. The common repair is to replace the guides but often the problem will resurface again.
The brake pedal may pulsate when the brakes are applied. This is most commonly caused by the front brake rotors warping. Resurfacing the affected rotors may correct the problem for the short term but replacement would generally considered a longer term solution.
A rattle noise may be noted from the clutch area while the car is at idle. If the noise changes or goes away when the clutch is depressed the fault is commonly with the clutch disc springs. It has be reported that a revised clutch disc is available from Mitsubishi to correct this concern.
2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Questions
iit had fire ckd codes replaced cam sensor won't start now it says po183 fuel heat sensor is this a dealer part and where is it
the problem occurs frequently.
usually shows all info needed to operate stereo. Now it is blank
2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Recalls
The fuel return line fitting on the fuel pump may have been improperly molded. Breakage could result in a fuel leak. Any fuel leak increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel pump to correct this concern. This recall began on July 26, 2004. The Mitsubishi recall number is SR-04-007.
The fuel return line fitting at the fuel pump may be restricted, causing excessive fuel pressure in the fuel injection system. This may result in a fuel leak from the return hose. A fuel leak always increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will inspect the fuel pump pressure. Vehicles with higher than normal fuel pressure will receive fuel pump modifications to correct this concern.