2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Problems
The sunroof may become stuck in the closed position or require "help" moving forward and backward. The common repair is to replace the guides but often the problem will resurface again.
The brake pedal may pulsate when the brakes are applied. This is most commonly caused by the front brake rotors warping. Resurfacing the affected rotors may correct the problem for the short term but replacement would generally considered a longer term solution.
A rattle noise may be noted from the clutch area while the car is at idle. If the noise changes or goes away when the clutch is depressed the fault is commonly with the clutch disc springs. It has be reported that a revised clutch disc is available from Mitsubishi to correct this concern.
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Questions
Freeze frame data:
Fuel system 1 : open loop - drive
" " 2 : " " "
Calculated load: 40.7%
Engine coolant temp: -40.7F
STFT Bank 1 : 0.0%
LTFT Bank 1 : -0.7%
STFT Bank 2 : 0.0%
LTFT Bank 2 : -0.7%
Emgine RPM : 562 RPM
coil also gets hot ans burns oiut.I canged plugs ,coils,woores,coolant sens,cam sens,crnkshft sensor,fault sensor ,iac,tps ansd relays and also gets power please HELP
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Recalls
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Reviews
Great car, except mitusubishi went cheap on the interior, especially the plastics.
Just purchased a used Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 3.0 with get this 245 Thousand mlies on it original Everything. This car must have been Garaged because of its super clean body and Interior. So far alls I had to replace is the Clutch. FUN FUN FAST car I also have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 and I drive the eclipse most the time. UNBELIEVABLE I definetly will be checking out the new Eclipse
Love this convertible.