1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse
- i had a constant blinking right turn signal.
- My radiator has a crack and is leaking antifreeze is there a way to fix this?
- when the car temperature is balanced the muffler starts rattling i can feel it
- Reasonable expectation of cost to replace clutch cable?
- my car is downshifting into a low gear on and off how do i fix it?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Problems
The brake pedal may pulsate when the brakes are applied. This is most commonly caused by the front brake rotors warping. Resurfacing the affected rotors may correct the problem for the short term but replacement would generally considered a longer term solution.
It is not uncommon for wheels on these vehicles to be very easily bent or otherwise damaged, often to the point of requiring replacement. This can happen even with no apparent damage to the tire.
There have been reports of airbags not deploying in the event of a frontal impact. Some claim that a shorted airbag wire harness can cause this to occur. Unfortunately there is no diagnoses that will isolate this problem other than fault codes stored in the airbag control module. Our technicians recommend to have any airbag light issues diagnosed and repaired in order to help ensure the airbags will deploy when needed.
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Questions
i replaced the turn signal switch and the left turn signal is constant and the right is off
I just found a crack on my radiator and I have no idea how i received this crack. I would like to know is there a way to fix this problem and what would I need to fix this?
Mitsubishi Lancer GLi 4 cylinder (not Eclipse but choice not there)
Cable has been tightened twice but has now broken (ie 'nothing' happens when pressing clutch pedal). Advice has been that it needs replacement and will be $1000 Australian dollars. Seems a lot for us.
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Recalls
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Reviews
This is a great car when maintained properly. Fast, sleek and fun to drive. Definitely worth it. Pay no mind to useless reviews complaining about having to drop the transmission to replace the clutch. Do not let this deter you, most vehicles you need do this.
This is a great car to have. The only big thing is it's a bitch to change the clutch because you have to drop the transmission and take a lotof parts out. Overall though this car will last a long time.
Pros: Overall a great investment oppertunity. Easy and considerably 'cheap' to maintain. Fun to drive, easy on the eyes. Cons: Poor interior quality, Issues with the head gasket regarding leakage, steering can be a little touchy, lots of road noise.