1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse Problems
The 80 amp fusible link for the charging system can fail and is often overlooked when diagnosing a charging system that is not working. Our technicians recommend to make sure this fusible link is OK before replacing any charging system components.
The engine may stall or develop a rough idle with the Check Engine Light illuminated and fault code 15 stored in the ECU. Our technicians tell us that the engine electrical grounds are critical, all 5 should be inspected and cleaned as necessary. An additional ground lead kit is also available which can be installed to help correct this condition.
A squeal or squeak type noise may be heard from the rear brakes on application. Our technicians tell us there is an updated rear brake pad shim kit which can help reduce this type of noise.
1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse Questions
His car will no longer go into 3rd gear, and getting hard to go into 4th gear.. Has been looked at my? people. - one seems to be able to figure out. Some say whole new tranny, few have said not a whole new tranny. Any advice , suggestions ..etc?
I was sitting in my driveway letting my car warm up then it just died and wont restart