1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante
- Whats wrong with my car if its putting and backfiring when in drive
- My antifreeze started leaking just above my oil pan it looks like, why?
- What would cause my power seats and windows to stop working all of a sudden
- when in park my car rpms is at 3 and loud it was just running quite a week ago.
- Hesitation in starting up
1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Problems
The automatic transmission may fail prematurely requiring overhaul or replacement of the transmission.
A brake pedal pulsation may be noted on brake apply. This is commonly caused by warping of the front brake rotors. Our technicians remind us that re-machining (turning) the rotors can correct this issue but the repair may last only a short time as the thinner rotors would be even more prone to warping. Replacement of faulty rotors with high quality parts is often the best option in these situations.
1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Questions
When first trying to start the car it hesitates until I
just keep forcing it then it starts. Is the problem the
starter and is it hard to replace?