2005 Mini Cooper Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mini Cooper
- Should a diagnostic fee be added to the final bill, after the job is done
- Passenger door lock stopped functioning..WHY? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
- When I push down the cluch here some noise but engine start but won't ship gear
- How to fill fluid. Manual transmission For my Mini Cooper 2005
- Brake pad, dsc, tire pressure lights all on
2005 Mini Cooper Problems
There are reports of the electric door locks malfunctioning.
Minis have an electric power steering pump that is prone to failure. When replacing the pump, our technicians advise inspecting the cooling fan because it is often the cause of the failure of the pump.
Failure of the automatic transmission is common. Even though the automatic transmission is advertised as "sealed for life," our technicians recommend the automatic transmission fluid be replaced every 30,000 miles with only the approved Mini/BMW fluid. Our technicians recommend thorough troubleshooting before replacing the transmission because programming procedures can affect how the transmission shifts and there is a special procedure to refill the transmission.
2005 Mini Cooper Questions
I see that 27 others have asked the same question, but you give no answers - only referrals to mechanics...I do not need the latter! What I need to know is: what's wrong? How it can be fixed? And how much it should cost to do so?
All 3 came on. I replaced pads and that light went off, others still on. Now service engine soon light came on too! Help!!! Please...