2004 Mini Cooper Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Mini Cooper
- Pass' door won't unlock with remote but will lock. Can hear mechanism working?
- wherer is the tcm unit location on a 2004 mini cooper base model I cant find it
- Why does Power steering pump keep running when battery reconnected
- why has my run flat light come on
- My 2004 Mini overheats while running the a/c and sitting idle for a short time.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Mini Cooper Problems
There are reports of the electric door locks malfunctioning.
There are reports of premature clutch wear on cars equipped with manual transmissions. Clutch replacement on these vehicles can be quite costly.
Minis have an electric power steering pump that is prone to failure. When replacing the pump, our technicians advise inspecting the cooling fan because it is often the cause of the failure of the pump.
2004 Mini Cooper Questions
foud the bcm but not the tcm don't know where to look
Had new PAS pump fitted then had other work done a few months later, requiring battery disconnection. Now pump keeps running when engine is off. Can anyone help? Thank you. Onekerryb
I bought some new wheels for the car changing them from 15" to 17" and now the run flat light has come on and the tyres have the correct pressure in 30psi front 30psi back.Can I turn it off or is there a problem somewhere.
2004 Mini Cooper Reviews
LOVE THIS CAR! Awesome in the snows of New England, very reliable and so fun to drive. Made it my only car and haven't had any issues.
Overall, this has been a great car for me. I've put a little over 60k miles on it in 5 years and had a few issues in the first couple of years that were fixed free of charge by the MINI dealer. If I recall, there was an issue with the suspension, the rattle under the dash that almost all the MINI's seemed to have at one point or another, and the problem with chips/cracks in the windshield due t...
I have a Sept. 2004 model Mini Cooper S and have now driven (as at April 16 2013) 278,000 kilometres throughout Australia. I spend a lot a time on the road, western highways and up the Pacific Coast Sydney, Canberra, Byron Bay, Gold Coast to Cairns, even Cooktown. A fun car and only a few relatively minor annoyances (and only one flat tyre with no run-flats as I got rid of them after first 33,0...