2002 Mercury Villager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mercury Villager
- Replaced radiator w/a new one & installed new thermostat. Still overheating why?
- My heater doesn't comes on 1 2 3 only on 4
- Is there an inspection cover above the gas tank to service the fuel pump?
- What can cause the van's gauge to show it's over heating, when it doesn't smell or feel hot? It's done this the last four times we've driven it.
- Why is my van's gauge showing it's over heating when it doesn't smell hot?
2002 Mercury Villager Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
2002 Mercury Villager Questions
2002 Mercury Villager Reviews
I found this 2002 Mercury Villager Sport in Florida, the woman who owned it said it belonged to her husband and he died in 2004. I bought the van in 2011 AND IT ONLY HAD 34,994 MILER ON IT. THE ONLY PROBLEM I found was with the rear windshield wiper, it makes one swipe and goes to sleep. I guess I can't complain, I only paie 3000.00 for it and have put 1,000 miles on it had to replace som...
Bought used from dealer at 26000 now 86000. Excellent car. No major problems except replaced front axles at 79000 and one fuel injector replaced. Good gas mileage, 19-20 in town, 24-26 on highway. Middle seat heavy to remove and replace.