2001 Mercury Villager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercury Villager
- runs great for about 30 min then starts skipping and eventually dies no codes
- my 2001 villager estate is over heating and ive lost power steering.
- I added gas yesterday. Last night I went out and it was running rough like today
- all power windows won't work-power window fuse ok- new master switch-still bad!
- The automatic doors are constantly unlocking
2001 Mercury Villager Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
A coolant leak may develop from a plug on the front of the rear cylinder head, behind the timing cover.
2001 Mercury Villager Questions
two mechanics and the ford dealer cant tell me whats wrong,I was told to take it to Nissan due to the engine.lots of stuff already replaced,let it sit a little and it will start back up.
the serp belt is there, is there another belt maybe controling water pump and pw steering that I cant see?
It just started running rough about 5 hours after I added gas. I always get my gas at Wawa. I only put in $10. I am thinking maybe more gas and put dry gas in it. Or could it be the fuel injector? Never added anything to the fuel injector.