2001 Mercury Villager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercury Villager
- I added gas yesterday. Last night I went out and it was running rough like today
- all power windows won't work-power window fuse ok- new master switch-still bad!
- The automatic doors are constantly unlocking
- My van started sputtering and died now it won't start
- My 2001 mercury villager is having electrical trouble & I do not have the manual
2001 Mercury Villager Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
2001 Mercury Villager Questions
Yesterday my van started sputtering and died won't start out acts like its out of gas but has half a tank. I'm lost don't know what it could be or even where to start at. Please help.
The items not working are: electric windows, electric door locks, dome light, dash lights, & the alarm is going off, unless I take alarm fuse out. I do not know if there is possibly a fuse that controls all of this or how to remove the one that it may be, I do not have the owners manual.
light flushing on overdrive on and start then went off and it takes high rpm before it shift to 2nd gear