2000 Mercury Villager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mercury Villager
- Would knock sensor cause my engine to miss and quit while driving, slowing, stop
- had no spark at plugs changed dist still no spark
- Why does my steering stick the first time i drive it everyday
- how to tell if it's the distributor thats bad if it's not turnning in the engine
- distributor not turning when trying to start why
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2000 Mercury Villager Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
2000 Mercury Villager Questions
When idling it misses and quickly engine does
Misses while driving
When slowing or stopping engine dies
Giving it gas helps but it still misses
Diagnostics listed knock sensor
2000 Mercury Villager Recalls
2000 Mercury Villager Reviews
I just bought this car with 168k miles and so far it is the most comfortable car I have driven. Good on milage. My van also has a little shake on 65mph. I did not take it to any shop yet, so I do not know what it is. Another auto center told me that the van needs some service on transmission because the fluid is turning light. Everything is working except the A/C and Heat. A/C needs to be repla...
Obviously, I have had few problems with this van. It is roomy and comfortable. I am able to carry all the stuff I need to haul. My only vexing problem, after about 130,000 miles, is a shimmy at 65 MPH plus on the freeway. Not dangerous, not getting worse, and not getting better. I have had the front end serviced, replaced parts, tires rotated,spin balanced. But, nothing has worked. Any suggest...
my a/c compressor stay on at all the time even when the switch is off