1999 Mercury Villager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercury Villager
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Mercury Villager Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
A coolant leak may develop from a plug on the front of the rear cylinder head, behind the timing cover.
1999 Mercury Villager Questions
fuses look good and bulbs are ok.
seemed to fun fine for a few days then it started cutting out very bad when the engine got warm and would even die. Replaced the distributor and plugs and wires again ran fine for awhile. Now some times it wont start engine turns over but will not start, and other times starts cutting out and die...
then dos same thing o2 sensor or what?
1999 Mercury Villager Recalls
1999 Mercury Villager Reviews
I have had this Villager since September of 1999 when it was new. It has 125,000 original miles. Over all I have been very pleased with the van...used it to haul my wife and five daughters all over Texas, now it just gets me back and forth to work...Valve covers started leaking at 100,000 miles, replaced the front, back is a @#$&* to get to. Some electrical problems, had to have the front win...