1998 Mercury Villager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mercury Villager
- Where do we put the brake fluid.
- I have a 1998 mercury villager 6cyl.It ran great and the next day it knocked off
- what i do the air compressor not running repair or replace ?
- Have code po306 cylinder 6 misfire detected. What should I look for bad plug
- When replacing a front halfshaft is it recommended to replace the axle seal ?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Mercury Villager Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
The exhaust manifold often warps and cracks, breaking off the studs between the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold. A ticking type noise may be noted most noticeable when the engine is cold.
1998 Mercury Villager Questions
I have checked for fire with a spark tester a changed the fuel filter. I checked to see if fuel came out of the lines and it does. please help!!!!
Seems to be running on 5 cylinder when under lug but runs fine some of the other times. Starts and idles fine.
I had a front halfshaft replaced and the shop did not change the axle seal. I now have a transmission leak that I never had before and am wondering whether the fact that axle seal was not replaced could be the cause ? The transmission leak is at the transaxle area near the halfshaft entry to the...
1998 Mercury Villager Recalls
1998 Mercury Villager Reviews
pleased with van. One problem we seem to not be able to figure out is it keeps coming up with a p0300 multi cylinder misfire. We are completely lost. Done tune up, new distributor,timing,brakes,oil change. If anyone is having this same problem please contact me via email and let me know. Tired of paying mechanic bills. email is firstname.lastname@example.org