1997 Mercury Villager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mercury Villager
- I am having problems with the car lurching after it warms up.
- Driver side rear brake locking down not leaking fluid jus changed master cylinde
- Rear brakes on drivers side locking wheel down not leaking fluid.
- I am having problems with the car lurching after it warms up especially on the highway. What should I be checking as the cause of this? I have relaced fuel filter and put in a gas additive to clean injectors.
- starts some time or when driving if put in park it will idel down and die
1997 Mercury Villager Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
The exhaust manifold often warps and cracks, breaking off the studs between the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold. A ticking type noise may be noted most noticeable when the engine is cold.
1997 Mercury Villager Questions
It does not happen when col but especially when I get out on the highway it starts to happen. I have replaced a the fuel filter and and put gas additive in to clean the injectors and it did not help. What should I be looking at?
My van will start some times but other times it has like a slow dragging sound I guess not sure rally how to describe it but that is as close as I can when I put it in park it will idel down and die most of the time there is some times it will not but most time it does had it checked and it said ...
1997 Mercury Villager Recalls
1997 Mercury Villager Reviews
I purchased this out of desperation as a previous van I owned was hit by a deer. As I travel six states with my business, I was in a fix. The salesperson and I knew each other fairly well and he had me look at a Villager LS. It had just over 64,000 miles on it and he showed me the paperwork on it. Nearly all the miles were highway miles as evidenced by the small paint chips on the hood. Th...