1996 Mercury Villager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercury Villager
- Fail codes p0325 and p0135 but check engine light won't come on.
- BIG CLUNK LIKE A MOUNT IS BROKEN AFTER I DRIVE A MILE OR MORE .
- pictures of how to replace water pump 1996 mercury villager and instructions
- IWhat else couldcause my van to overheat
- Van just seized up & died. Won't restart, No Crank. Starter keeps Burning! Why?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1996 Mercury Villager Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
The exhaust manifold often warps and cracks, breaking off the studs between the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold. A ticking type noise may be noted most noticeable when the engine is cold.
1996 Mercury Villager Questions
wHEN I FIRST DRIVE MY VAN IT DRIVES GREAT UNTIL I DRIVE AROUND A MILE OR MORE THEN WHYEN IT SHIFTS INTO SECOND GEAR IT CLUNK REAL HARD LIKE THE TRANNY OR MOTOR MOUNTS ARE BROKEN.what can that be and what do i do to fix the problem?
water pump replacement 1996 mercury villager worried about keeping timing belts timing etc in the right spot never did any work on pump run by timing belts pictures would help where can in get this information should belts be rplaced aswell and what else? please help got time but no money
I have replaced the radiator,radiator cap,and thermostat but van is still overheating not as much as before but still does it temp will go down when stopped at red light
1996 Mercury Villager Recalls
1996 Mercury Villager Reviews
I have had this van since 1997. From 16,000 to 135.000 and it has paid for itself. It has needed repairs but considering the years - it has been reasonable. It will probably do another 100,000.
great ride & good mileage. Experience problem with cruise comtrol and air conditioner