1996 Mercury Villager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercury Villager
- pictures of how to replace water pump 1996 mercury villager and instructions
- IWhat else couldcause my van to overheat
- Van just seized up & died. Won't restart, No Crank. Starter keeps Burning! Why?
- i have a 96 mercury villager, how can i check if my distributor is working fine?
- How much can it cost to replace transmission on my transmission
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Mercury Villager Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
The exhaust manifold often warps and cracks, breaking off the studs between the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold. A ticking type noise may be noted most noticeable when the engine is cold.
1996 Mercury Villager Questions
water pump replacement 1996 mercury villager worried about keeping timing belts timing etc in the right spot never did any work on pump run by timing belts pictures would help where can in get this information should belts be rplaced aswell and what else? please help got time but no money
I have replaced the radiator,radiator cap,and thermostat but van is still overheating not as much as before but still does it temp will go down when stopped at red light
I have a 96 Mercury Villager between 33k and maybe 38k. Nice little van buy my friend drove it one day and when she pulled into the parking lot of her destination that motor seized up & died. The car would NOT restart. I tried to jump the car, it got power but you turn the key you hear a clic...
1996 Mercury Villager Recalls
1996 Mercury Villager Reviews
great ride & good mileage. Experience problem with cruise comtrol and air conditioner
I have had this van since 1997. From 16,000 to 135.000 and it has paid for itself. It has needed repairs but considering the years - it has been reasonable. It will probably do another 100,000.