1999 Mercury Tracer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercury Tracer
- Why would my car not rev after 2000 rpm and bogs out and dies when I try to driv
- Why is the car sputtering and hesitating in early morning but os fine when warm
- My engine will not start correctly, it keeps on stalling and refuses to start up
- WHEN ENGINE FIRST START RPM GOES UP FOR 2 MINUTES THEN DROPS.
- location of the horn under the hood
1999 Mercury Tracer Problems
Valve seats (components in the cylinder head that help seal the valve) can fall out. When this happens, it causes rough running and creates noise. Replacement of the cylinder head is commonly required to fix this problem.
The distributor may become internally contaminated with engine oil because of an internal seal failure. This causes ignition failure because the distributor cap has filled with oil. If this happens, the car will not start.
1999 Mercury Tracer Questions
No spark coming from my 1 and 4 leading to sparkplugs.
I CHANGE IDLE SWITCH, PROBLEM STILL THE SAME
Speedometer, horn, and cruise control have suddenly stopped oprerating. what has happened?