1995 Mercury Tracer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Mercury Tracer
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1995 Mercury Tracer Problems
Valve seats (components in the cylinder head that help seal the valve) can fall out. When this happens, it causes rough running and creates noise. Replacement of the cylinder head is commonly required to fix this problem.
1995 Mercury Tracer Questions
Sometimes I can restart it a couple times to get the blower/windows/wipers to come on but then they will suddenly stop working when I'm on the road. I've been told it's the ignition electrical switch.
I changed the flasher switch and it worked for about 10 hours and the hazard lights started flashing again.
While stopping at a light the car engine shuts off. If pulling into a driveway the car engines shuts off. If accelerate between 40 - 50 mph it chuggs but once past 55 mph the engine runs smoothly. If it is cold outside the car starts without a problem if it is humid this does not happen.
1995 Mercury Tracer Recalls
1995 Mercury Tracer Reviews
I've had my 1995 Mercury Tracer around 10 years now and it's great. Good reliable car with hardly any problems. Dashboard lights quit working about 2 years ago, (a pain) and fuel gage is acting up about 4 years ago, but those are minor problems. Needs shocks, clutch now at 17 years, not bad. Interior is still great as well as body. Changed alternater few years ago, and it was hard to get at but...
Bought our 95 Tracer in Dec 96. Only has 386K and still gets 28 to 33mpg depending on traffic. Dosen't use oil. Normal wear and tear includes rebuild tranny, replace htr core and radiator. One CV joint. Replace speedometer cable and repair spedometer head. Still drives great and tracks super in snow. Must have been a Wednesday car. And, Yes, is a flatland car.
i just got my tracer its my 1st car i like it alot it runs good but i got to get a new head thats all it needs but it runs good