1994 Mercury Tracer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mercury Tracer
- Why would oil be forcing out of eng after head rebuild?
- When I turn on my defroster , I hear a loud noise in my engine compartment .
- My wipers, heater and windows wont work, what is the problem?
- car coming off freeway started bogging and making a semi-fast click sound
- After car warms up, idle drops killing engine
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1994 Mercury Tracer Problems
Valve seats (components in the cylinder head that help seal the valve) can fall out. When this happens, it causes rough running and creates noise. Replacement of the cylinder head is commonly required to fix this problem.
1994 Mercury Tracer Questions
My mechanic days it is due to blowby but this is excessive. I see evidence of oil pushed out of dipstick. Over one qt oil in 180 miles. Before valve seats dropped engine only had small oil leak (one qt in 3000 miles). Could a oil passageway be blocked? I have the 1.9 liter eng.
I have been told that it could be my air conditioner compressor,but I hear the noise when I turn on my defroster or air circulation . Is the air compressor required for all air functions?
fuse box is fine and i changed most of the relays.what else could it be?
1994 Mercury Tracer Recalls
1994 Mercury Tracer Reviews
i got this car in april 2005 to replace the 1996 hyundai accent that died. the car has 150k (i put 80k on it) and has been a pain since. i've literally replaced nearly half of all the parts under the hood and it still won't run well. the seat belt got stuck on the track half way and now i can't wear the shoulder part w/out being choked. every now and then the spedometer goes up and down lik...