1994 Mercury Topaz Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mercury Topaz
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1994 Mercury Topaz Problems
Fuel pump failure can cause the engine to crank but fail to start. Diagnosis will show insufficient, or no fuel pressure, and fuel pump in the fuel tank will need to be replaced.
The vehicle may lose vehicle speed signal, which can affect speedometer operation and transmission shift quality. Most often the Vehicle Speed Sensor is faulty, however, at times, the driven gear inside the transmission is at fault. Replace the Vehicle Speed sensor and inspect the driven gear upon sensor removal.
Poor rubber material used in the motor mounts can cause them to fail, leading to a knocking noise or lifting sensation on acceleration. The motor mounts will need to be replaced with revised parts.
1994 Mercury Topaz Questions
HAS NEW BATTERY, SINCE I BOUGHT IT IN 2008 ENGINE STARTS SLOW IN FREEZING TEMPERATURES. SOMEONE REPLACED THE STARTER SELENOID BEFORE I BOUGHT VEHICLE.
HAVE REPLACED VALVE COVER GASKET AND GROMMETS 2 TIMES IN LAST 3 YEARS. KEEPS LEAKING AROUND GROMMETS AFTER A FEW MONTHS OF REPLACING THEM.
TRANSAXLE MOUNT WORN ALLOWING TRANSMISSION AND ENGINE TO MOVE WHEN GOING FROM DRIVE TO REVERSE.
1994 Mercury Topaz Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models with 3.8L engines, 1994-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models with 3.0L engines, 1992-1994 Tempo and Mercury Topaz models with 3.0L engines, 1994 Tempo and Mercury Topaz models with 2.3L engines, and 1992-1994 Lincoln Continental models in certain cold weather states for an issue with the engine electric cooling fan. During high winds, low temperatures, and drifting snow, the fan could become blocked or frozen with snow. This could cause the fan not to rotate and ultimately overheat. Dealers will install a harness with a circuit breaker to protect the fan motor from overheating.