1993 Mercury Topaz Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Mercury Topaz
- How to remove the blower motor from the dashboard.
- I think its fuel injected when its ran out of gas does that affect the pump
- Why wont the car start when it runs out of gas what causes it to get no fuel whe
- anyone ever hear of an oil pump seizing up
- I was told by a mechanic that the oil pump is seizing striping the worm gear
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1993 Mercury Topaz Problems
Fuel pump failure can cause the engine to crank but fail to start. Diagnosis will show insufficient, or no fuel pressure, and fuel pump in the fuel tank will need to be replaced.
The vehicle may lose vehicle speed signal, which can affect speedometer operation and transmission shift quality. Most often the Vehicle Speed Sensor is faulty, however, at times, the driven gear inside the transmission is at fault. Replace the Vehicle Speed sensor and inspect the driven gear upon sensor removal.
Poor rubber material used in the motor mounts can cause them to fail, leading to a knocking noise or lifting sensation on acceleration. The motor mounts will need to be replaced with revised parts.
1993 Mercury Topaz Questions
With fuel injection is it the pump that doesnt work after its completely ran out of gas or what would cause it to not start
1993 Mercury Topaz Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models with 3.8L engines, 1994-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models with 3.0L engines, 1992-1994 Tempo and Mercury Topaz models with 3.0L engines, 1994 Tempo and Mercury Topaz models with 2.3L engines, and 1992-1994 Lincoln Continental models in certain cold weather states for an issue with the engine electric cooling fan. During high winds, low temperatures, and drifting snow, the fan could become blocked or frozen with snow. This could cause the fan not to rotate and ultimately overheat. Dealers will install a harness with a circuit breaker to protect the fan motor from overheating.
1993 Mercury Topaz Reviews
I love this car. Bought it off a girlfriend for 400. bucks, 3 yrs ago, ole blue hasn't let me down. I replaced serptine belt and hydrolic balancer. With regular tune ups and maintainence she runs like a gem. Only issue is heater in winter freezes, simple piece of card board solved that. Great car, cheap, easy on gas, no issues with oil l;eaks... Low insurance and NO payments!!!!!
over all i like this car