1991 Mercury Topaz Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Mercury Topaz
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 Mercury Topaz Problems
The vehicle may lose vehicle speed signal, which can affect speedometer operation and transmission shift quality. Most often the Vehicle Speed Sensor is faulty, however, at times, the driven gear inside the transmission is at fault. Replace the Vehicle Speed sensor and inspect the driven gear upon sensor removal.
Poor rubber material used in the motor mounts can cause them to fail, leading to a knocking noise or lifting sensation on acceleration. The motor mounts will need to be replaced with revised parts.
Fuel pump failure can cause the engine to crank but fail to start. Diagnosis will show insufficient, or no fuel pressure, and fuel pump in the fuel tank will need to be replaced.
1991 Mercury Topaz Questions
The low and high end ports on the AC system are the old design and are now illegal to use i tried to hook up the new ports that are sold at autozone but they dont fit the threads because its about a bicycle size thread and are too skinny to fit inside the new ports so how can i fill up this system?
I need to add freon but i can' t find the a.c. ports
just had oil changed and I know I need to get a tune up - could it be spark plugs/fuel/fuel filter/sensors?