1990 Mercury Topaz Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Mercury Topaz
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Mercury Topaz Problems
The vehicle may lose vehicle speed signal, which can affect speedometer operation and transmission shift quality. Most often the Vehicle Speed Sensor is faulty, however, at times, the driven gear inside the transmission is at fault. Replace the Vehicle Speed sensor and inspect the driven gear upon sensor removal.
Poor rubber material used in the motor mounts can cause them to fail, leading to a knocking noise or lifting sensation on acceleration. The motor mounts will need to be replaced with revised parts.
Fuel pump failure can cause the engine to crank but fail to start. Diagnosis will show insufficient, or no fuel pressure, and fuel pump in the fuel tank will need to be replaced.
1990 Mercury Topaz Questions
My car is actually a 1989 but wasn't given the option to select that. I need to replace front and rear motor mounts. Is it possible to do this myself without going crazy or tearing up the car? Have been looking online for instructions of any kind but haven't been able to find anything.
After traveling for 5 miles or more on highway the car will stall as you stop then has a bear of a time restarting. It happens only after traveling on highway, not in city. Can anyone help please, i cant afford a shop and I fixed all that i can.
It is leaking oil and over heating.